Even when you’re cash-strapped, you can get a decent cheap electric skateboard for just under $300. Yes, there are good quality, affordable electric skateboards with proper specs and features. Most of these e-boards are ready to roll with powerful batteries, good dual motors, and the best-designed decks and components.
And whether you’re looking for an e-board for commuting or for playing, we have five of the best boards for you. These electric skateboards are not just affordable but are also powerful, able to move faster, longer, and will ride steeper. The specs of these skateboards are comparable to top-quality boards, are made from the most durable and flexible materials. And without further ado, here are five top e-boards for you.
Reviews of the Best Cheap Electric Skateboard
The Hiboy Electric Skateboard that’s convenient, easy to use, and is very affordable for less than $300 online. This comes with a light and solid body that’s perfect for cruising and commuting. The S11 is a lightweight board that weighs less than 8 pounds. This will give you a stable ride that’s ready to accelerate and turn safely.
You’ll go faster and farther with the Hiboy Electric Skateboard, as is with a streamlined design. At top speeds, you can ride up to 12.4 mph and comes with a 6.2-mile range on a single charge. You can choose from four modes and four brake modes that you can only find in Hiboy skateboards. Every mode and brake mode lets you safely accelerate or brake so you’ll be safe and secure.
Controlling this e-board is a wireless remote control with an ergonomic design that’s also rechargeable. The remote has easy to use buttons and a charge indicator. Your purchase also comes with a free T-tool that you can use to maintain your deck and trucks. You can choose from two colors black and black/red.
- This electric skateboard is designed to make skateboarding fun.
- It has a light but solid body. It weighs less than 8 pounds but is very stable when you’re turning or accelerating.
- This e-board will make you faster and farther with its powerful single motor and its streamlined design.
- You can choose from four ride modes and four brake modes that will help you move through city streets, traffic, and skate park with ease.
- The remote control is very convenient, with easy to push buttons and switches, a battery life/charge indicator and an ergonomic design. It’s easier to hold as you ride this electric skateboard.
- Measurement: 30 x 8.3 x 4.4 inches
- Weight: 7.94 pounds
- Maximum Weight Capacity:
- Deck: 30 x 8.3 x 4.4 inches, standard design
- Trucks: 8.3+ inches trucks
- Wheels: black urethane wheels
- Max Speeds: 12.4 mph
- Max Range: 6.2 miles in one charge
- Max Angle: 8 degrees
- Motor: single hub motor and regenerative braking
- Battery: rechargeable battery
- Remote Control: wireless, rechargeable remote control
- Modes: 4 ride modes and 4 brake modes
- Available Colors: red/black and black
- Accessories: remote control, T-tool, charging wires and cables and instruction booklet
- With a standard, streamlined design
- Wider trucks to avoid the deck hitting the wheels
- With a clean, grippy deck
- Standard wheels and bearings
- Light and tough design
- Easy to take anywhere
- You can go faster and farther
- With an ergonomic remote control
- Heavy to take when commuting
- Wheels are too rigid
The enskate Woboard Mini is a very portable electric skateboard that weighs less than 5 kg. This is designed for easy carrying and easy commuting because of its weight. Because of its weight and design, it is easy to turn and move through traffic and through busy streets. This board lets you move freely compared to using a regular board. It is more versatile than a regular skateboard and is easy than a longboard.
At only 27 long, it is very portable as you can keep it under your car or bus seat, take it in your trunk or carry it in your bag or under your arm no matter where you go. In a single complete charge, it will let you ride from 5 to 7 miles. Under the hood is a durable Samsung battery that’s easy to charge to full in just two hours. It can carry as much as 176.3 pounds, and it can also go uphill at 15 degrees even in a full load.
- This mini board is easy to carry with a kicktail for easy maneuvering through streets and through traffic.
- It is easy to use and ride plus lets you enjoy the road and the scenery when you ride.
- It is very portable as it weighs very light and comes with a compact weight and a built-in handle
- This board comes with a powerful, fast-charging Samsung battery.
- It can carry up to 176.3 pounds and, at the same time, move uphill with a 15-degree incline.
- The deck is very strong made from 9 plies of very tough Canadian maple
- Your purchase comes with a T-tool, ergonomic remote control, charging wires and cords, and instruction booklet.
- Measurement: 27 x 7.3 inches
- Weight: 10.6 pounds
- Maximum Weight Capacity:
- Deck: 9-ply Canadian maple
- Trucks: Precision Forged Trucks
- Wheels: 75mn, 85A PU detachable wheels
- Max Speeds: 20 kph/12 mph
- Max Range: 5 to 7 miles
- Max Angle: 15 degrees uphill
- Motor: brushless, single drive, in-hub
- Battery: Samsung 10S1P 18650 lithium-ion battery, charging time of two hours
- Remote Control: wireless, ergonomic remote control
- Available Colors: black
- Accessories: remote control, adapter, charger, T-tool and user manual
- Durable, tough and has a rugged design
- The deck is made from very durable material
- With an easy to carry handle
- With very strong, load-bearing wheels
- Braking and acceleration are safe and under control
- With easy to use the wireless remote control
- Battery power is longer-lasting and is easy to charge to full
- Can handle steeper climbs uphill
- Wheels are too rigid
- Not available in bright colors
The Aceshin Electric Skateboard is very durable and easy to use. It will make cruising and commuting easier, plus it’s a very durable battery that can give you hours of non-stop use. The deck is made from a very strong 7-ply maple; this is so durable it can support up to 220 pounds of weight. On top is a black, emery board surface that makes this board non-slip and waterproof. It will let you cruise safely and effortlessly, even in the rain or during wet weather.
The Aceshin Electric Skateboard is equipped with the latest, most durable components. You’ll get to use very strong, load-bearing PU wheels with a hub cover to protect your board from splashes and rain. This is a fast board as it comes with a very powerful 250-W high-powered brushless motor. You can go as fast as 12 mph with one full charge. Also, a full charge can take you up to 10km (under normal conditions), and you can also climb very steep inclines with a 15 to 30-degree angle.
To control the Aceshin e-board, you need to use a convenient remote control. This RC has an ergonomic design making it easier to handle and carry even when you’re riding the board. LEDs on the remote control also tell you the battery status of the board as well as the driving speeds, and power mode. The remote control also comes with a handy wrist strap, so you will have the remote on your hands all the time.
Finally, this electric skateboard is also UL tested and certified safe. It is fast, efficient, and easy to use, which is perfect for daily use, commuting, and cruising.
- With a strong and durable 7-ply maple deck. This is the most durable in our list because it can support up to 220 pounds of weight.
- The deck surface is covered with a durable and waterproof emery board to keep you safe and secure as you ride.
- The wheels are very fast and strong made of PU material.
- This is equipped with a powerful motor, brushless at 250W. This makes the skateboard fast, efficient and can handle steeper inclines.
- With an ergonomic wireless remote control with an easy to carry strap.
- This is tested safe and passed electrical tests from UL.
- Measurement: 35.4 x 8.0 x 4.75 inches
- Weight: 11 pounds
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 220 pounds
- Deck: 7-ply maple
- Wheels: PU wheels, IP 54-rated waterproof
- Wheel Diameter: 2.9 inches
- Trucks: aluminum alloy
- Max Speeds: 12 mph
- Max Range: 10 km
- Max Angle: 15 to 30 degrees
- Motor: 250W dual brushless motor
- Battery: 2 to 3 hours charge
- Remote Control: ergonomic remote control, with LED display
- Modes: 3 speeds
- Available Colors: Black, Orange, and Red
- Accessories: remote control, power adapter, charging cable, T- wrench and user manual
- With a durable board made from 7 plies of maple
- You can ride smoothly and fast
- Made from high-quality materials
- Very durable as it can support up to 220 pounds
- With an easy to use the ergonomic remote control
- With three speed modes
- The battery holds a charge for a long time
- Complaints about battery power
- Problems with speeds
The E-ASUM AS01 Electric Skateboard is a high-performance cruiser-style skateboard with a very durable 350W quiet brushless hub motor, and a strong, flexible PU wheel. It comes with a forced motor that’s powerful to give you a smooth ride.
This e-board has a safe and very efficient 4.4Ah lithium battery that’s equipped with a triple battery safety protection system. It will only take up to 3 hours for this board to charge completely, and a complete charge can give you up to 10 miles range with a maximum speed of 13 mph.
This is a light electric skateboard with a deck that’s made from 7 layers of Canadian maple that won’t easily deform or split. This weighs only 8 pounds but can support up to 200 pounds. To fully control this electric skateboard, it comes with a 2.4G wireless RC. You can accelerate and brake with this remote control; it will also provide information on the board’s power and connection. This board is ideal for short-distance travel, commuting on city streets, and cruising on a fast surface.
- This cruiser board comes with a powerful yet silent hub-motor and an elastic PU wheel.
- It comes with powerful force induction brakes. This improves energy consumption/battery life.
- It has a safe and efficient Li-ion battery with battery protection features.
- A very strong deck that can support weights of up to 200 pounds maximum.
- It comes with an ergonomic remote control that will never disconnect.
- It can be used by adults and children.
- Measurement: 750 x 240 x 110 mm
- Weight: 3.8 kg / 6.9 kg
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 200 pounds
- Deck: 7 layer Canadian maple, 10 mm deep, concave shape
- Trucks: solid-steel alloy
- Wheels: 70 x 51 mm 80a polyurethane wheels
- Max Speeds: 13 mph
- Max Range: 10 miles
- Max Angle: 15% climbing performance
- Motor: 350W brushless motor, fully enclosed design
- Battery: HYY-752P 4.4Ah lithium-ion battery pack, charges in just 3 hours
- Remote Control: 2.4G wireless, ergonomic, with controls for braking, acceleration and power connection info
- Available Colors: black
- Accessories: remote control, T-tool, charger wires, adapter, and USB cable
- With a very strong and quiet motor
- With safe regenerative braking system
- With a professional shape deck
- Very strong battery with triple protection
- Deck, trucks, and wheels made from very tough material
- Wheels are too rigid
- Only available in black color
The shaofu Electric Skateboard has a remote control for easy use on the street, on a skate park, or in your driveway. It can go fast at 12 mph, and a single charge can take you up to 10 miles. Under the hood are a single 350W motor and a powerful Samsung Lithium-ion battery that charges to full in just 2 hours.
The deck is solid maple at 7 layers. It is lightweight, easy to carry with a handle, and is shaped to provide the best performance on any road. This e-board has a strong maple deck and very tough trucks and PU wheels, ideal for cruising and commuting.
You can control this e-board using wireless remote control. You can select from two modes: beginner mode and advanced mode. The 2.4G wireless remote control comes with an LED light indicator that tells you about the board’s battery levels, and it controls the speed, brakes, and cruising control.
When it comes to the wheels, this e-board has high-grip urethane wheels that are durable, high shock-absorbing properties, and provides a smooth riding experience. The lithium battery comes with a convenient safety protection feature to extend its life.
- This e-board comes with a longer range and faster speeds. It has a powerful motor, durable Li-ion battery pack, and durable components.
- The deck is made from a very strong maple at 7 layers and can accommodate weights of up to 132 pounds.
- The remote is ergonomic, easy to control, and comes with LED lights to indicate battery power.
- This electric skateboard is durable, with good-gripping urethane wheels for safety and a good ride.
- Batteries come with self-protection features and should be charged to full when the board is kept for a long time.
- Measurement: 27.5 x 8.6 inches
- Weight: 5.7 kg
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 132 pounds
- Deck: 7-ply maple
- Wheels: 80a hardness
- Max Speeds: 12 mph
- Max Range: 10 miles
- Motor: 350W single motor
- Battery: 29.4V 2200mAh Samsung Li-ion battery pack, will be charged to full in just 2 hours
- Remote Control: 2.4G wireless RC with LED indicators, rechargeable
- Modes: 2 modes: beginner and advanced
- Available Colors: Black
- Accessories: Power adapter, USB charging cable, remote control, wrench, and user manual
- This is a very durable board
- Made from high quality materials
- Wheels are hard yet flexible
- The longer-lasting battery charges fast
- With a longer range in a full charge
- With ergonomic remote control
- Available only in one (black) color
- Wheels are too tight and rigid
Best Cheap Electric Skateboard Buying Guide and FAQ
Electric skateboards come in varying specs and features. Find out the best one for you by following our shopping guide and checking out our FAQ about affordable electric skateboards.
How to Buy a Cheap Electric Skateboard?
Remember the following when shopping for cheap electric skateboard:
The deck must be made from a durable material (wood or hard plastic), but despite its strength, it has to be versatile. The trucks must be made from strong alloy; wheels must be from PU or urethane material while the deck surface made from very rough emery board-like cover.
Design and style
There are many designs of an e-board, and thus, you need to choose the design that will suit your preferred activity. For cruising and commuting, a streamlined classic shape board is better, while electric boards made for light and easy rides may be smaller and lighter.
Battery and motor capacity
The battery must hold more charge and should be ready or full in the least time. A powerful battery is needed to help the motor move over sharp inclines and to make the most of the motor speeds.
The motor may be single or dual-speed and should be hub-type to reduce maintenance and for a quiet ride.
Weight capacity, range, and speeds
For a skateboard to hold a lot of weight, it has to have a heavy and tough deck, trucks, and wheels. It should be able to go farther and achieve higher speeds with a powerful motor and battery.
The e-board should have complete accessories so you can use it out of the box. Just the most common accessories included in an electric skateboard set are a wireless remote control, T-tool, adapter, charging cable, and USB cable. A user manual should also be included in the box.
You can get a standard e-board for $250 and a better one for more than $300. But don’t just look at the price, check the specs and features to make sure you’re getting the best value for your money.
Are plastic skateboards cheap skateboards?
Not all plastic skateboards are cheap. Some are made from very durable plastic with high-weight capacity features that will accommodate heavyweights and increased pressure while riding on the road. These features make plastic skateboards more expensive than wooden boards.
How soon will the electric skateboard battery run out?
It depends on the type of battery and the number of power cycles the battery has been through. Lithium-ion batteries are the most durable and can last for months to years, provided it is charged and recharged properly. If a rechargeable battery is charged more often, it becomes less efficient and will soon lose its power quickly.
Can you use an electric skateboard like a regular skateboard?
Most e-boards may be used as a regular push-step skateboard when the battery has died out.
From our review of the five best cheap electric skateboards, the Hiboy Electric Skateboard is our top choice, and it’s easy to see why. It’s convenient, easy to use, and affordable. It has a light and solid body that’s made for cruising and commuting. Because of all its great features, this board will give you a safe and stable ride.
Because of its streamlined design and classic style, you can go faster and farther with the Hiboy Electric Skateboard. It has a maximum speed of 12.4 mph and comes with a 6.2-mile range on a single complete charge. It comes with four riding modes and four brake modes, and every mode and brake mode lets you safely accelerate or a brake. Everything is controlled using a wireless remote. And another reason to love this product is it comes with a free T-tool that you can use to tighten or loosen your deck and trucks. Too bad, it’s only available in black/red and black colors, but still, we recommend the Hiboy Electric Skateboard to people looking for an affordable complete electric skateboard. If you think that the Hiboy Electric Skateboard is the cheap e-board for you, check this out from this link.