Teach your child to become active, street smart, and agile by teaching him how to ride a skateboard. Skateboarding will help your child learn how to perform different tricks and stunts through perseverance and patience. He will learn how to cruise and ride while appreciating the environment. Finally, a child who learns how to ride a skateboard will learn the camaraderie and the fun of riding with friends who are also into skateboarding.
You need the best skateboard for beginners’ kid boards to teach children how to ride safely. A beginner skateboard is mostly larger and longer to allow the rider to secure his footing on the deck. This type of board is also durable as it has to withstand tough practice sessions and possibly the pressures of falls and bumps. These boards are naturally strong because these are made from the toughest materials and tougher components. So if you’re looking for a good beginner skateboard for a child, let us help you by recommending five of the best.
Check out these five best skateboards for beginner kids. Compare the specs and features so you’ll get the best one that’s perfect for your child.
Reviews of the Best Skateboard for Beginner Kids
The WhiteFang Skateboards for Beginners board is a complete skateboard with seven beautiful layers of Canadian Maple. It has standard deck shape but with a concave section to make it more durable and easy to use, especially by kids and beginners.
The deck measures 31.75 x 7.88 inches and provides a good balance of weight and toughness. It is very durable as it can hold as much as 330 pounds. The trucks also contribute to this skateboard’s toughness. It is made from magnesium alloy, so it’s load-bearing. The wheels are high-rebound urethane wheels equipped with fast ABEC 9 bearings and efficient high-rebound bushings. The WhiteFang wheels provide the best response, whether you’re on the street, skate park, pools, and ramps. It is smooth and fast even in rough surfaces.
The WhiteFang Skateboard is designed for riders who want to learn new tricks. The concave shape deck and the durable emery sandpaper board top will keep you locked and safe on the deck. It has a minimalist design made from heat transfer paper therefore this lasts for a long time.
It is a complete board; therefore, you don’t need to spend time assembling the board when it arrives. Your child can ride and learn as soon as you get it out of the box.
- This skateboard has a very durable Canadian Maple deck that’s not too heavy but very tough.
- This is tough yet light and can handle the most weight at 330 pounds.
- With strong magnesium-alloy trucks ideal for beginners and for skilled riders.
- It has super-smooth PU wheels that offer high rebounds. With ABEC 9 bearings and tough PU bushing.
- This board provides improved response no matter where you’re skating.
- It will help you learn new tricks with its durable deck, tough components, and good shape.
- With a cool minimalist design and comes in five different designs.
- This is a complete board with no assembly needed.
- Measurements: 31.75 to 7.88 inches
- Deck: 7 layers of Canadian Maple
- Maximum weight capacity: 330 pounds
- Trucks: 5 inches of magnesium alloy trucks
- Minimalist graphic design printed on thermal transfer paper
- Available in five different designs: Arrow, Diamond, Great-US, Lighting, and Peak
- With a solid and durable deck and components
- This is smooth and fast wheels and bearings
- Can be used to master new tricks and stunts
- With an enhanced design
- Available design and colors
- Arrives complete out of the box
- Complaints that the bearings were too loose
- Problems with the size
The BELEV Skateboard is a mini-cruiser with a retro design. It is made for beginners, teens, and kids who want to learn how to ride fast and cruise. This mini board is ready to go out of the box. It is fully-assembled with a straightforward design. At 22 x 6 inches, this is ideal for beginners as it has plenty of room to stand and to ride.
What’s very interesting about this skateboard is the light-up wheels that won’t require batteries or charging. These wheels with multi-colored lighting will instantly light up as soon as you’re rolling with this skateboard. Because it weighs less than four pounds, you can take this board anywhere. You can commute with it or ride a bus, subway or train with it because it fits in your backpack or bag easily.
The deck is made from polypropylene, a material that’s sturdy and very durable, which can support weights of 220 pounds. The trucks are very strong at 3.25 inches thick made from very tough aluminum. This provides the best speeds and good control. This deck is designed with a kicktail for enhanced control, especially for beginners. The top of the board is a non-slip surface, which helps you stay secure as you cruise up and about.
The PU wheels are dazzling, equipped with ABEC 7 bearings for enhanced shock absorption. It also comes with a free T-shaped tool that you can use to tighten your board. This is ideal for kids, beginner riders, and even adults as long as you mind the weight capacity.
- This is a mini skateboard that will arrive fully assembled and ready to ride. It has a straightforward design that first-time users will find easy to use.
- This comes with a fun LED light wheels that will light up automatically when you move. No charging and no batteries needed.
- This is a very durable skateboard with a deck made from very strong and versatile polypropylene and strong PU wheels
- This is fast with ABEC 7 bearings and is load-bearing with its strong trucks.
- Comes with a free all-in-one tool to repair, maintain and tighten your board and components
- Comes in blue, pink, and purple boards, all of these come with dazzling LED wheels.
- Dimensions: 22 x 6 inches
- Weight: 3.8 pounds
- Trucks: 3.25 inches aluminum alloy trucks
- Bearings: ABEC 7 bearings
- Wheels: 59mm PU material
- Maximum weight: 220 pounds
- Available in blue, pink and purple decks
- With PU flashing lights
- Anti-slip waffle design deck surface
- This has a mini-cruiser design with kicktail
- With fun PU flashing LED lights
- Made from very durable materials
- With an increased weight capacity
- Available in different colors
- Easy to carry anywhere
- With very strong and reliable components
- Classic cruiser shape is easy to move
- You can move fast without unnecessary movement and noise
- There’s no way to change the batteries for the LED lights
- Complaints that it’s too small
The Sanview skateboard is a complete mini cruiser board with a 22-inch long deck. It is for beginners and for young people as well. This cruiser board will come fully assembled and has a very flexible yet strong plastic deck and very durable painted trucks. This is a small but load-bearing board as it can hold boards with up to 220 pounds of weight.
The wheels are light-colored made from polyurethane, which is a material that reduces vibrations and with an easy glide. It comes with matching ABEC 9 bearings to get you from point A to B lightning fast.
This board is very light and portable, weighing only 3.7 pounds. It fits backpacks or bags so you can commute with your board on a bus, subway, or train. Your purchase also comes with a T-tool that’s handy and needed for tightening your deck and trucks.
- This is a cruiser skateboard that comes fully assembled.
- It has a flexible deck for beginner users to ride or stand on.
- This comes with strong and flexible aluminum trucks. This can take up to 220 pounds in weight.
- Very strong and soft PU wheels that reduce vibration with a smooth glide.
- Offers a fast and smooth ride thanks to its high-speed bearings
- This is a lightweight and easy to carry ride
- With a handy T-tool ideal for tightening decks and trucks
- With 24-hour customer service support
- Deck: 22 x 6 inches made from polypropylene deck
- Trucks: 3.25 inches pro-aluminum
- Wheels: 59 x 45mm PU wheels
- Bearings: ABEC 9
- Weight: 3.7 pounds
- Maximum weight: 220 pounds
- With a skateboard T-tool
- Available in four different color combinations
- The deck and trucks are flexible and strong
- PU wheels are smooth and quiet
- Lightweight and portable board
- Glides smoothly and fast
- With a convenient T-tool
- Comes with 24-hour customer service
- Complaints with bearings
- Complaints about the trucks being too tight
The Mini Wooden Cruiser from RudeBoyz is a board with a 17-inch deck. It is a small board that’s perfect for small kids 3 to 5 years of age that are learning how to ride a skateboard. Take note that this is not a regular-length board and can accommodate riders with weights up to 121 pounds.
This mini wooden cruiser is easy to take anywhere, as it weighs less than 7 pounds. This is made from real wood, and thus it is durable and load-bearing. This is fully assembled out of the box so your little one can go ahead and use it the moment it arrives home. The board has different designs that are perfect for cool riders. This skateboard is available in six different designs with cool designs for boys and for girls.
This is a banana-shaped board with 6 inches trucks, durable wheels, fast ABEC bearings, and tough hardware. The truck axle and hanger sizes are standard. The shorter a deck is, the better will a beginner be able to control the board. This is a good way to learn how to ride and to perform basic tricks.
When it comes to design, it has a concaved and tapered shape with a shapely kicktail and nose. All these impressive features improve the versatility and overall performance of any beginner rider.
- This board is perfect for beginners and for children ages 3 to 5 years. It can handle up to 121 pounds.
- Ideal for first-time riders, and those are learning simple tricks.
- Very portable and easy to carry anywhere you need to go.
- This brand is made for girls and boys
- With a cool concave and banana shape.
- It comes with durable components for enhanced control and improved balance.
- Enhanced shape (concave shape, rounded kicktail, and nose plus a tapered shape) improves rider versatility and overall performance.
- Available in five different designs: Cheeseburger Design, Fun Robot Design, Hearts Design, RudeBoyz Design, Triceratops Dinosaur Design, and Skull Design.
- Measurements: 17 inches long
- Deck: 17 x 5 x 3.5 inches
- Trucks: 6 inches
- Truck Axle Width: 6 inches
- Truck Hanger Width: 3 inches
- Wheels: 54mm
- Bearings: ABEC 7
- Weight: 7.5 pounds
- Concave shape tapered and rounded kicktail and nose
- Maximum weight capacity: 121 pounds
- For kids 3 to 5 years old
- Available in five different designs
- A good skateboard for kids and for beginners
- With fun and edgy design
- Board is small enough small kids
- With a strong deck and truck
- Versatile and flexible for beginners
- Enhances movement for beginners
- Complaints that the board is too small
- With a very light maximum capacity
The Magneto Kids Skateboard is a beginner skateboard ideal for kids, teens, and young children who want to learn basic tricks and safe skateboard riding. It has a compact size 27.5 x 7.75 inches that’s ideal for kids 5 to 15 years old. This has a tough deck made from 7 layers of durable Maple with a double kicktail one at the front and the other one at the back.
The trucks are strong 5 inches aluminum alloy that comes with a steel axle that further enhances the durability and the strength of the deck. The 52mm wheels are also tough with 95A hardness. The skateboard is very strong because of its high-traction PU wheels that are also very soft, smooth, and stable. The Magneto Kids Skateboard is available in three kinds: Candy, Checkered, and Video Game.
- This skateboard is designed for teens, kids, and beginner riders.
- This is a compact board made from very durable materials and comes with an enhanced design.
- This is a complete board, and therefore it’s ready to use and ride out of the box.
- This has very strong and durable components.
- The wheels are very strong, with high traction and 95a hardness.
- This is a smooth ride that’s very stable. This ride makes it easier for a beginner to learn how to ride and to perform simple tricks.
- Measurements: 27.5 x 7.75 inches
- Deck: 7 layers of Maple, with double kicktails
- Trucks: 5 inches of aluminum alloy trucks
- Axle: made of steel
- Wheels: 52mm 95A PU wheels
- Available in three different designs
- Weight: 4.8 pounds
- This is a basic board ideal for beginners
- This is a compact board
- Easy to carry anywhere
- A complete board that’s ready to use
- With strong aluminum trucks and wheels
- Very soft and high-traction PU wheels
- Available in different designs
- Too stiff according to some users
- Complaints about bearing and wheels
Best Skateboard for Beginner Kids Buying Guide and FAQ
Not all beginner skateboards are the same. You need to take time, compare each board, and consider your child’s needs as a beginner rider before you purchase any kind of board.
How to buy skateboards for beginner kids?
Remember the following when buying a beginner skateboard for kids.
Skateboard for beginner shape
Most beginner skateboards are long and wide, which are similar to classic skateboards. With a classic shape, the rider can better handle the board and perform basic tricks. A classic design and shape are also less cumbersome when you’re learning how to ride a skateboard for the first time. You will find beginner boards in different shapes and cool designs, decks with or without kicktails and concave or non-concave decks.
Beginner skateboard size
The size of a skateboard for a beginner matters a lot. Skateboards that are around 32 inches are best for beginners because the rider will have plenty of room to adjust his weigh, to move around and to balance his weight. You may have also seen beginner boards with a mini-cruiser shape and size too. These boards are easier to use for tricks because it’s smaller and lighter.
Beginner skateboard wheels and bearings
The skateboard wheels and bearings must be durable. These should be made from tough materials that will resist regular use and regular wear and tear. The wheels must be load-bearing and will also move through common obstructions such as road and sidewalk cracks, sand, pebbles and other similar objects without any problems. The skateboard bearings must have a removable cover to protect the bearings better.
Beginner skateboard trucks
The skateboard trucks should be strong and load-bearing just like the wheels. Truck sizes usually depend on deck with. A proper truck is made from stainless steel or aluminum alloy material and because of this; it is very durable and remains very flexible and ideal for tricks and stunts.
Skateboard deck and deck surface
The deck is very important for a beginner skateboard. The deck should be covered in grip tape which has a surface similar to sandpaper. A waffle-like surface is common in plastic decks and these perform similar to grip tapes as these make the deck surface grippy. These will keep you safe and will make sure you’ll have good footing as you ride your board or perform tricks and stunts.
Are penny boards good skateboards for beginners?
Penny boards may be smaller than the average size of a traditional skateboard, but it is one of the best choices for beginners. This is because of its size and weight. This is easier to lift, to cruise in, and to perform simple tricks and stunts.
How much do you need to spend when you’re shopping for a beginner’s board?
Beginner skateboards vary in price, and this is so because of the material it’s made from and the design. But don’t be fooled because some skateboards are very expensive not just because of the material it’s made from but also its many designs, features, and styles.
Are there beginner skateboards for adults too?
Yes, there are beginner adult skateboards too. These boards are wider, larger, and lighter to meet the demands of beginner riders. Also, these skateboards are made from durable materials to resist dents, bumps, and all other mishaps while still learning how to skate.
After our review of the five top skateboards for beginners for kids, we have selected the WhiteFang Skateboards for Beginners board as the best. Aside from this skateboard’s style and design, we found many reasons why this type of board is the best.
First of all, this is a complete skateboard, and so, it’s ready to use out of the box. Next, it has seven layers of Canadian Maple; therefore, it’s strong. You’ll get a standard deck shape but with a concave area to enhance movement and contribute to the rider’s safety.
The offers a good balance of weight and durability as this can hold as much as 330 pounds. The trucks are made from magnesium alloy, so this is also load-bearing. The wheels are made from high-rebound urethane wheels with ABEC 9 bearings and high-rebound bushings. You’ll find this skateboard perfect for the street, skate park, pool, and ramp use. Also, it has a minimalist design and is perfect for all kinds of users.
We recommend the WhiteFang Skateboards for beginners and also for kids who want to learn how to cruise and to perform basic tricks and stunts. And if you think that the WhiteFang Skateboards beginner board is the best for your child as well, check this product out from this link.