It all started with a viral video of a woman dancing while riding a longboard just a few years ago. Everyone knew you could work stunts and tricks with a skateboard or a longboard, but nobody expected that you could dance on it while at full speeds! Apparently, you can dance the cha-cha, side steps, and all other cool dance moves while riding the best longboard for dancing.
Longboards are versatile. You can ride on it, cruise and dance with it. And if you’re interested in dancing on a longboard, then we recommend five of the best boards designed for dancers like you. These boards are made from the most durable and flexible materials. Also, longboards designed for dancing and cruising have strong trucks and wheels. You’ll surely find the ideal longboard from our top five picks.
Reviews of the Best Longboard for Dancing
Made from strong and lovely maple wood, the VOLADOR dancing longboard is flexible. It was made from an 8-ply maple, cold-pressed for added durability. It has a spacious 46 x 10-inch deck and a wide 37-inch wheelbase. These characteristics make for a strong and durable dancing and cruising longboard.
The trucks are aluminum reverse Kingpin at 7 inches. These are adjustable, and you can tweak this according to your riding or dancing style. The wheels are very durable 70 x 51 mm PU 78A wheels. Inside the wheel assembly are ABEC -9 high-precision bearings. These will give you a delightfully smooth and relaxing ride.
And when it comes to the board’s graphics, most designs of VOLADOR dancing longboards are vintage-inspired with avant-garde images as well.
- All-maple longboard
- Flexible yet strong hardrock maple body
- The deck is huge at 46 x 10 inches ideal for dancing and cruising.
- Trucks are durable and are highly-adjustable
- Wheels are very strong PU equipped with ABEC – 9 bearings
- Graphics created by artists from the Atlantic
- Deck measures 46 x 10 inches
- Weighs 8 pounds
- Wheelbase 37 inches
- All-maple body, 8-ply cold-pressed
- Reverse kingpin trucks at 7 inches
- PU Wheels size 70 x 51 mm
- Precision bearings with an ABEC-9 rating
- Offers a fun and smooth ride
- Large dancing platform
- Strong and versatile able to handle almost all riders
- Shock absorbent with no wheel bite
- Maneuverable and designed for easy acceleration
- With an artistic flair
- Made from very durable materials
- Some excess glue spotted
- Top, not water-resistant
The Magneto Longboard is made from very durable, versatile, and warm bamboo. But you won’t know it’s bamboo unless you ride this longboard. It is made for cruising, carving, downhill movement, and dancing. It is covered with carbon fiber with a fiberglass deck to ensure strength and versatility.
At 7 inches, it has a high angle of gravity that makes it a blessing for carving and for aggressive longboarding. It also comes with enhanced wheels that are equipped with updated stainless steel bearings. On top is an OS780 grip tape while the other side of the boar comes with a carved Magneto Longboard logo at the back. Riders recommend the Magneto for fast longboarding and also for dancing to any kind of beat.
- Made from carbon fiber, fiberglass, and efficient bamboo
- With a hybrid deck, concave shape for good traction
- High angle trucks for aggressive riding and carving
- With upgraded wheels and bearings
- Quality wheels and durable stainless steel bearings
- High-quality grip tape
- With cool Magneto logo
- Fast and easy to move
- Available in three different flavors: Magneto Bamboo & Fiberglass Drop, Magneto Tesla Downhill Longboard and Magneto Carbon
- Measures 37” x 9” carbon fiber, bamboo deck and fiberglass
- With W-Shape Concavity
- With 7” precision gravity cast-aluminum trucks
- 78A high-rebound wheels measuring 73 mm x 53 mm
- OS780 grip tape
- Weighs 10.6 pounds
- Very strong and durable
- Made from high-quality materials
- Upgraded wheels, bearings and trucks
- High angle trucks
- Strong grip tape
- With cool Magneto logo
- Very fast
- Large surface for dancing and cruising
- Complaints about the shape of the deck
- Will fit only very small wheels
The Black Longboard is a collection of awesome longboards perfect for cruising, freestyling, carving, downhill riding, free-riding, and dancing. It is a large 28-inch board with a spalted pearwood top while the core is durable 7-ply Canadian maple. The design is custom-made, and the finish makes this board stand out from the rest.
The kicktail is larger than other longboards. It is concave, and in the right places, so you can ride this board effortlessly. The grip tape is precision cut, and thus you’ll be safe as it locks on your feet as you perform all kinds of dance moves.
It has a lightweight aluminum truck with high quality bushings to enhance its carving abilities. The wheels are large 60mm Hooligan, which improves your ride. This kind of wheel gives you a smooth, durable, and wear and tear-resistant wheel.
- A large and durable deck made of spalted pearwood
- The inner core is made from 7-ply Canadian Maple
- Huge kicktail, slightly concave shape
- Very grippy grip tape
- Very rugged construction
- Lightweight design aluminum trucks
- High-rebound, durable bushings
- Quality Hooligan wheels
- ABEC – 9 Hellion 2 bearings with spacers
- 28-inch longboard
- Made from pearwood and a Canadian Maple core
- Laser-cut grip tape
- Aluminum trucks
- 60mm Hooligan wheels
- Bearings are ABEC-9 Hellion 2
- Bearings come with spacers
- Weighs 6.2 pounds
- Very durable and stable
- Made from high-quality materials
- Custom-made finish
- Large kicktail and the right concave shape
- Rides easily with safe grip tape deck surface
- Lightweight yet rugged
- High quality wheels, bearings, and bushings
- Smooth to ride and evenly-worn wheels
- Fast bearings with spacers
- Needs assembly
- Grip tape is too grippy
The WHOME Pro dancing longboard is for beginners and professionals. It is a large 42 x 9-inch longboard ideal for dancing, cruising, carving, and freestyling. The deck is 8-ply maple, which can carry up to 330 pounds of weight. The platform is so wide and long that it allows you to move freely on top. It comes with a wide truck and a wider wheelbase for improved stability and lets you upgrade to larger wheels.
The truck is made from A356 aluminum alloy with a shaft that’s made from medium-carbon steel with strong baking paint outside. The wheelbase is 31.5 inches; the truck is sturdier so you can dance effortlessly. The tape has a powerful grip, and this provides better control as you ride. The wheels are large and are compatible with the WHOME high-precision ABEC-9 bearings in chrome steel. With all its specs, you’ll be cruising and riding fast with this longboard soon.
- Large and flat dancing longboard
- Made from maple
- Aluminum alloy truck
- Medium carbon –steel shaft
- Large wheelbase
- Anti-slip grip tape
- Large PU wheels
- Chrome steel bearings with an ABEC-9 rating
- Can hold up to 330 pounds
- Measures 42.9 inches
- Made from 8-layer maple
- Maximum weight up to 330 pounds
- Wider truck and base
- A356 aluminum alloy truck
- Carbon steel shaft with baking paint outside
- The wheelbase at 31.5 inches
- High quality grip tape
- Large dancing, cruising and playing area
- You can move and work with the different contours
- Stable and can be upgraded to larger wheels
- Made from durable materials
- Good grip and enhanced control
- Large wheels with precision chrome bearings
- Amazing design
- The tail is not durable
- Hard to replace wheels and to bear assembly
The Magneto Longboard with a bamboo deck measures 46 to 9 inches. This size and shape make it perfect for cruising or dancing. It has dual-kick tails and an arched camber with a shallow concave shape making it easier and stable to ride.
The top comes with a high-angle Paris truck with wider and larger 70 mm wheels. The finish is bare but beautiful and is also sanded, so it’s rough; there’s no need to use a grip tape.
- The bamboo deck at 46” x 9”
- Dual kick tail
- Large wheels
- Paris-style trucks
- Natural bamboo finish
- Sanded top so there’s no need for grip tapes
- Measures 46” x 9”
- Weighs 9.8 pounds
- 70 mm wheels
- Paris –style trucks
- Sanded bamboo top
- Lovely deck
- Made from strong materials
- A design ideal for cruising, dancing and performing tricks
- Nice arched design with dual tails
- Large and fast wheels
- No grip tape
- Not too safe without grip tape
Buying Guide and FAQ
Longboards for dancing come in different styles and designs. To find out the best board for your needs, you must learn about the different tips and techniques on how to shop for one. Here are some of the most important things to check out, especially when you’re buying a new longboard.
What to look for when buying longboards for dancing?
Remember the following when buying a longboard made for dancing:
The material counts a lot
Maple is the most common material for the longboard body, and this is because of maple’s strength, flexibility, and lightweight. And just like skateboards, maple wood sheets are sandwiched together to create a strong and powerful platform that can hold your weight. This material is also strong enough to hold the rider‘s weight as he performs all kinds of dance moves and tricks.
The shape of the board
Every manufacturer has a different style, but if you’re a beginner, settle with a plain longboard deck. A regular deck is easier to maneuver, has plenty of room from one tail to another, and will also have lots of space to move around. Only when you have mastered dancing and cruising on a plain board should you proceed to use a fancy, uniquely-shaped board.
The size of the board
The usual length of a longboard is 42 inches, but you can find more than this length. Also, wheel sizes are important. Some users prefer a larger wheel while some prefer tiny wheels, but this depends on where you want to use the board. Larger wheels are for outdoor and skate park use.
You must choose longboards with secure, grippy tops so you can safely execute different moves and tricks. You need a longboard with fast bearings and durable wheels. All-in-all, you will have to spend more to get more when it comes to this sport or hobby. You can’t rely on cheap products when it comes to playing, stunts, and riding on the road.
Can you dance on any longboard?
Experts say that you can dance even when you’re on a smaller board or a board that’s not made for dancing. But you must be a professional to do this. And if you want to learn how to dance on a longboard, you must choose a larger, wider board for safety.
Is there better footwear to use on a longboard?
Riding a longboard is similar to riding a skateboard when it comes to footwear. You need something flat, so you can stay on the board safely. You may use a pair of old sneakers as long as it is flat, with double or triple-stitched components.
How do you stop riding on a longboard?
Longboards are faster, and stopping may seem scary, but you can do this by stop pushing and just riding it out. If you’re riding on a flat surface at low speeds, you can hop out of the board if you can. But if you’re moving downwards, ride out the board until it’s slow enough to hop out.
Where can you learn dancing on a longboard?
Most longboard “dancers” learn by copying moves from other riders. They may also tweak movements according to their boards and their experience levels. And the best place to learn dancing on a longboard is in an empty carpark or skate park, so the surface is smooth and easy to ride.
From our list of the best longboards for dancing, we have selected the VOLADOR dancing longboard. It is made from pure maple and is flexible with a spacious 46 x 10-inch deck and a 37-inch wheelbase. The trucks are reverse Kingpin trucks at 7 inches. These trucks are adjustable according to your riding or dancing style. The wheels are PU 78A wheels with ABEC -9 high-precision bearings. These will give you a smooth and relaxing ride and a strong and durable dancing and cruising longboard.
And of course, who can overlook the lovely graphics of the VOLADOR dancing longboards? These are vintage-inspired avant-garde images that are too pretty to ride on. All-in-all, these characteristics have made this longboard the best dancing longboard for experts and beginners alike.