The wonderful feeling of the wind in your hair and the sun on your face as you cruise the streets are riding on your cruiser skateboard. It’s a wonderful, free feeling that’s so awesome you want to do it again and again. But to cruise on your skateboard like a pro, you need the best cruiser skateboards money can buy.
What makes a skateboard perfect for cruising? Compared to traditional skateboards, cruiser boards are a lot longer, are easier to grip, and have enhanced stability. It is not the kind of skateboard for street tricks and stunts because these are made for commuting and cruising. And whether you’re shopping for a cruiser skateboard for the first time or you’re looking for an upgrade board, here are five of the best cruiser skateboards to check out in 2021.
Reviews of the Best Cruiser Skateboards
The Quest QT-NSC44C is a long, longboard at 44 inches. This is just the right size for cruising smoothly on urban roads. This longboard is made from several plies of hardwood maple with an artisan bamboo deck. This is shaped for amazing performance and has durable and reliable components as well.
The Quest longboard has genuine components. It has authentic ABEC 7 fast bearings, 7-inch trucks made from durable aluminum and 7-ply super-flex, super-strong bamboo, and very durable hardwood maple deck. All these amazing components make a better longboard that provides the best performance.
The Quest QT-NSC44C is available in six different designs and styles, including four Bamboo + Maple Originals, a Karma Graphic, and a Gaia Graphic longboard.
- This is a long skateboard, the ideal size for cruising. It is made from multi-ply lovely hardwood maple and artisan bamboo, which is a tough and durable deck.
- This is designed for cruising on the streets of Malibu and the sidewalks of California.
- With high-quality components: speed bearings, strong artisan bamboo, and tough maple deck, sturdy aluminum trucks, and versatile wheels
- Are made with high-quality materials far beyond compare with traditional longboards.
- Deck: 44 inches long made from 7-ply Super Flex Artisan Bamboo and hardwood maple
- Trucks: 7 inches made from aluminum alloy
- Bearings: ABEC 7 super-fast bearings
- Wheels: 44mm Super Cruiser urethane wheels
- Available in six different designs and colors
- Very durable and tough deck.
- With high-quality skateboard components
- Made from high-quality materials
- Available in different designs and styles
- Complaints about the paint debris
- Complaints about the bearings
The Cal 7 Complete Mini Cruiser is a 22.5-inch board that will arrive fully-assembled. When it arrives, it will be ready to take to the streets. It is available in a variety of colors and designs with graphics that will surely catch everyone’s attention.
Cal 7 boards have solid specifications. It has ABEC 7 bearings that are fast and easy to ride. It also has larger 60mm wheels that will keep you well-grounded and ready to roll. It has very tough 3.125 inches strong aluminum alloy trucks. All these components make for a strong, reliable mini cruiser board to ride anywhere.
This Cal 7 cruiser is not just easy to ride on the road but is also compact; therefore, it’s easy to place this in your bag or backpack. It is made from very tough, high-quality hardware for a smooth and easy ride. It also comes with a waffle-design deck surface, so it’s easy to stay safe and stay put on top of this board; it’s extra grippy.
- This cruiser skateboard is easy to take anywhere because of its compact size, shape, and design.
- It is fully-assembled when it comes out of the box. This means it’s ready to take out and ride on the streets.
- It comes with durable components, solid features that are comparable with high-quality cruiser boards.
- It performs well, very durable, and gives you a fast ride. You can use this to cruise on the road, ride in skate parks, and for easy commutes.
- This is available in different colors and designs to fit your style and mood.
- Measurements: 22.5 x 6 inches – plastic deck
- Bearings: ABEC 7 bearings
- Wheels: 60mm wheels
- Trucks: 3.125 inches made of aluminum alloy
- Weight: less than 3.6 pounds
- Available in different colors and designs
- Easy to carry in a backpack
- Made from very durable materials
- Tough and versatile plastic deck
- Easy to use, cruise in style
- Comes assembled and ready to ride
- With very efficient, genuine components
- Available in different colors and graphics
- Board is made of plastic
- Complaints that it does not move as fast as a penny board
The Pro Skateboard Standard Skateboard is a complete board that’s compact, high-performance, and strong. It has a standard shape board made from 8 panels of Canadian maple with high-density grip surface made from diamond emery paper. This surface is waterproof and is safe to use because it won’t let you slip.
It has load-bearing components such as its wheels made from solid polyurethane and 5-inch solid aluminum trucks. With these tough components, this cruiser skateboard can accommodate up to 220 pounds of weight in one go. You won’t have to spend time assembling your board, too, because this comes with everything, even the grip board surface. You can use this board for cruising, carving, basic tricks, and many more.
- This is high-quality cruiser skateboards with impact-resistant decks, PU wheels, and durable trucks.
- Strong PU wheel made from impact-resistant ABS material.
- It has very strong and load-bearing trucks made from solid aluminum.
- The deck is spacious and durable, made from tough, high-quality maple.
- With a high-density and waterproof diamond emery paper ideal for skateboard surfaces
- Can take up to 220 pounds because of its load-bearing deck, truck, and PU wheels
- This cruiser skateboard is ideal for long-distance cruising and may be used by riders of all skill levels. It may be used for basic tricks and stunts as well.
- This is available in three cool designs
- Measures: 31 x 8 inches
- Deck: 8-layer Canadian maple
- Trucks: 5-inch Seagull trucks made from solid aluminum
- Bearings: ABEC 9 high-speed, quiet bearings
- Deck surface: high-density O5780 diamond emery paper with waterproof qualities
- Underside: heat-transfer print
- Wheels: 52mm 95A PU wheels
- Maximum capacity: 220 pounds
- Weight: 5.3 pounds
- Available in different designs
- Very strong and durable materials
- Made from very strong components
- High-density and waterproof surface
- Very durable bearings, wheels, and bearings
- Comes assembled, ready to ride out of the box
- Only for beginners
- Complaints that it is not good quality bearings
The Yocaher Longboard is a complete skateboard made for cruising. It is comfortable to ride and has a shape that’s made for easy cruising and basic boarding. It is 36-inches long and 8-inches width; therefore, it’s easy to use by beginners and professional riders alike. It is solid, and sturdy made from 10 layers of strong maple and has been designed with no concave. It does not flex, and thus it’s ideal for simply cruising. It has a slim design and just enough rise to prevent any wheel bite.
All the components of the Spirit Wolf longboard are high-quality precision components. It comes with a strong 9.67” truck that’s stable and perfect for load-bearing activities. It has 62mm strong Q-Ball wheels with 78A hardness that will be able to handle cracks, uneven surfaces, and patches of grasses, pebbles, and rocks. Meanwhile, the durable ABEC 7 wheel bearings are perfect for maintaining speeds and for picking up speeds.
All Yocaher products are expertly designed and crafted. This is affordable and is one of the best choices for beginner and advance skateboarders. It’s for skateboarders who want to ride anywhere their skateboards can take them.
- This skateboard has a comfortable shape and size. It is easy and comfortable to ride and ideal for beginners.
- It is well-constructed with very durable materials. This is designed to be rigid so you can take it cruising for miles on end.
- It has no flex with a slim shape that improves the board’s turn radius and reduces all the possibilities of getting a wheel bite.
- This is equipped with precision components such as heavy-duty trucks, very hard Q-Ball skate wheels, speedy bearings.
- With a lovely design that complements the shape of the board.
- This is a very affordable longboard with quality designs and components
- Measurements: 36 x 8 inches
- Deck: 10-ply maple wood, no concave
- Trucks: 9.67 inches of alloy trucks
- Wheels: 62mm 78A Q-Ball
- Bearings: ABEC 7 bearings
- With a colorful spirit animal design
- Weighs 6.2 pounds
- This is a durable board with a long deck
- Made from high quality materials
- With genuine components
- Fast, load-bearing wheels
- Colorful deck with a standout design
- Weighs heavy but stable on the road
- Comes completely assembled
- Available in other designs
- Complaints that it is too small
- Complaints that the wheels are too hard
The Flybar Skate Cruiser is a longboard made from a very strong 7-ply Canadian Maple. It has a very flashy design that will make you stand out on the road. Before we talk components, let’s check the features of the deck and underside first. The deck top surface has a cool design with an 80s black grip tape and yellow stripes design. The top provides a very strong grip to keep you on your board. When you turn the board over, you’ll have the rugged red and blue design that stands out from the bright neon-colored wheels.
It has a 4-inch truck made from aluminum that’s supported by 6mm riser pads and medium-sized bearings made from cast polyurethane. The trucks provide the best support and smoother turning and will prevent any wheel bite.
You’ll also get chrome bearings with ABEC 9 ratings that enhance the speed of 60mm x 45mm SHR PU 78A wheels. This can go fast but, at the same time, safe without losing control. This cruiser board has a classic design with a 27.5-inch long deck.
- This is a lightweight longboard made from a very durable Canadian Maple. It is a concave board with a kick-tail design and wheel wells for cruising and precise carving.
- With a very sticky, grippy top tape and an electrifying colorful design on the board’s underside.
- Large and durable aluminum trucks and riser pads and quality bushings enhance turning and avoid wheel bite.
- PU wheels are very durable, ready to roll when needed, and can move over obstructions.
- Strong wheels and efficient bearing will give you faster and more controlled rides.
- With a classic style and shape and colorful designs
- Measurement: 27.5 x 8 inches
- Deck: 7 plies strong Canadian Maple with a concave shape
- Grip tape: printed grip tape with the brand logo
- Trucks: 4 inches made from aluminum alloy
- Riser pads: 6mm
- Bushings: medium size, PU cast bushings
- Bearings: ABEC 9 rated made of tough chrome
- Wheels: 60mm x 45mm SHR 78A PU wheels
- With a classic style
- Very strong yet lightweight board
- Made from top quality materials and components
- With a very strong grip take
- Enhanced turning
- More responsive ride
- Very durable chrome bearings and PU wheels
- Can move fast and offers better control
- Complaints that the board is not as fast as advertised
- Not as durable as most cruiser skateboards
Best Cruiser Skateboards Buying Guide and FAQ
Cruiser boards come in different styles, shapes, sizes, and components. Some skateboards designed for cruising have longer decks and load-bearing trucks. Some have short decks but have stronger trucks and wheels. And there is a mountain of choices when it comes to skateboard components too. It’s very hard to find what you need, especially when you’re new to riding this kind of skateboard! And to help you pick the best cruiser board here’s a list of the most important features to watch out for.
What to look for when buying a cruiser skateboard?
Remember the following when shopping for the best cruiser skateboard.
The size of the skateboard matters when it comes to cruising. Basically, skateboards that are longer than 32 inches are best for cruising. This is because you’ll have plenty of room to move around and to balance your weight. You need a longer and wider board to cruise anywhere and to navigate left or right.
Most cruiser skateboards are long and wide, just like a classic skateboard. There are boards with different shapes and designs, and these are okay as long as these designs steer clear of the wheels to avoid wheel bite.
Wheels and bearings
The wheels and bearings should be durable and must be made from very tough materials. These must resist heavy weights and should be able to move through road obstructions like cracks, sand, pebbles, and sticks without any worries. The bearings must have a removable case or cover so you can clean the bearing setup to ensure that the wheels are running fast all the time.
The trucks should be strong, and the size usually depends on the width of the deck. A truck is usually made from stainless steel or aluminum alloy and thus is very durable and will remain flexible.
Deck and deck surface
The deck and deck surface are very important for a cruising skateboard. The deck should be made from very durable material, may be covered with rough grit tape, or having waffle-designs to enhance grip no matter what kind of footwear you’re using.
Where to buy the best cruiser skateboards?
You have an option to buy your first cruiser skateboard online or from a local skate shop. If you want to conveniently shop for the best board, an online shopping site is the best choice for you. But if you prefer to test drive a cruiser skateboard before buying, a local shop is the best way to go. You may also find skateboard parts and components online or from a local shop as well.
Is a cruiser skateboard better when performing tricks and stunts?
No, a cruiser skateboard has a very long deck and thus is too heavy to hold and to perform tricks and stunts in. Most regular cruiser skateboards have very heavy decks and wheels to make it stable and easy to use on the road. But its size, shape, and weight have made it too heavy for anything except cruising.
Is a cruiser skateboard for kids or adults?
There are cruiser skateboards that fit kids while there are larger and heavier boards that are just made for adults. It’s important to find the skateboard that fits your weight, age, and level of expertise so you can make the most of your board’s capabilities.
What is better: a complete cruiser skateboard or a DIY-made board?
All cruiser skateboards in our list are complete boards in such a way that these are ready to ride as soon as these are out of the box. However, there are people who prefer to DIY their cruiser boards because of several reasons. First, the components in a complete board have questionable qualities, and some may even be generic components and hence, are not as efficient as genuine ones.
When you DIY a cruiser skateboard, you can select the best components according to your needs as a rider. You can tweak the size and design of the board and the design as well. Therefore, your designs and specs are considered compared to complete skateboards with pre-considered features by the manufacturer.
Are plain/generic boards okay to use?
As long as you select the best kind of plain or generic boards, then you may find this kind of board more practical to use. A plain board will enhance your skills and interests as a skateboard DIY maker and will also give you a chance to help you create your dream skateboard.
What is better deck material: plastic or wood?
This depends on the use of the board. Plastic boards are perfect for easy riding, light cruising, and quick commuting. Plastic boards have the waffle-style/design to enhance grip and to keep you safe on the board. Meanwhile, decks or boards made of wood are more expensive but worth it. It’s very strong, won’t warp easy, and will resist wear and tear.
Also, consider that plastic boards are cheaper compared to wooden boards. The most common plastic material used for skateboards is polyurethane material, while wooden boards are usually made from Canadian or North American wood in many layers. Canadian maple decks are also supported by fiberglass layers or strong yet versatile bamboo.
What is the top of skateboards made of?
The grippy top is made from a sandpaper-like material that can grip your footwear easily. It is called a grip tape, and this can wear off after regular use. This is why skateboarders replace their board’s grip tape when these have worn off.
Based on our review of the best cruiser skateboards, we find the Quest QT-NSC44C longboard as the top board. We selected the Quest longboard because of several awesome reasons. First, it is one of the longest at 44 inches, and this length is the perfect size for safe cruising on urban roads. Next, this is made from several layers of hardwood maple and has a lovely artisan bamboo deck. It is shaped for outstanding cruising performance on the road.
The Quest longboard comes with genuine components such as ABEC 7 fast bearings, 7-inch aluminum trucks and 7-ply super-flex, bamboo, and hardwood maple. Finally, we selected the Quest because of its different styles and designs. The Quest QT-NSC44C comes in six different designs and styles. You can select from four Bamboo + Maple Originals boards, a Karma Graphic board, and a Gaia Graphic longboard. We recommend the Quest QT-NSC44C longboard for beginner and professional cruisers. It is right for easy, relaxing urban cruising. If you think that the Quest QT-NSC44C is the right cruiser skateboard for you, check this out from this link.