For skateboarders who don’t want to bother with building a skateboard from scratch, there’s an option to purchase a complete skateboard. A complete board is exactly what it is. It’s complete with all the components, and it’s ready to ride the moment it’s out of the box. The best complete skateboards of 2020 are the highlight of our review today.
Aside from lacking time to assemble a proper skateboard, many people just buy a complete board so they won’t have to bother with choosing correct and compatible components. A complete board is also more affordable compared to buying individual parts to assemble. And whether you’re looking for a complete board for personal use or as a gift, we know you’ll love our five top complete skateboards of 2020. We’ll sure you’ll find one of these best skateboards the best for you.
Reviews of the Best Complete Skateboards
The Merkapa Complete Skateboard is a dazzling skateboard with a colorful deck and sparkling wheels. There are just too many things to say about this board from its deck to its small but vital components. First, the deck is 22 inches long and 6 inches wide and is made from very durable materials. The edge of this board is smooth and thus won’t be a hazard even if you slip or fall. The surface of the board has a waffle-style design, which helps you get a better grip on the surface. You are less likely to fall if you have a deck surface with an enhanced grip.
The wheels are 60 x 45 mm at 78A PU material and will light up as soon as you ride. No need to use batteries because of the lights power on as you ride. There’s no way to power off the wheel lights. Meanwhile, the trucks are 3.2 inches made from very durable, rugged, but lightweight aluminum. The wheels are fast because these are equipped with ABEC 7 bearings. These components create a comfortable ride because this comes with enhanced shock absorption.
The Merkapa LED skateboard is available in four fun designs and is ideal for beginners as well as professional skaters. It is certified safe by CE and is ideal for children and adults and has a weight capacity of 180 pounds.
- With LED wheels that require no batteries and no charging. It will light up as soon as you ride.
- This is a complete skateboard ideal for riding on the street, on a skate park, or on your driveway.
- It comes with a durable deck made from very strong materials. It measures 22 x 6 inches and is perfect for first-time users, kids, and adults alike.
- With a rugged yet lightweight truck, durable wheels, and fast bearings.
- Small and compact size, you can take it riding and carry it inside your bag.
- All components are genuine and with the highest quality.
- Will fit young and adult riders, beginners, and professionals.
- Available in 4 different styles/designs
- Deck size: 22 x 6 inches made of PP material
- Trucks: 3.2 inches aluminum trucks
- Wheels: 60 x 45 mm 78A PU wheels
- Bearings: ABEC 7
- LEDs in wheels with no batteries and no charging required
- With a waffle-style top/surface
- Fast and durable wheels
- Weight capacity: up to 180 pounds or 82 kg
- Weighs: less than 4.2 pounds
- With a durable board/deck and components
- Fast and efficient wheels and bearings
- Complete skateboard with strong and safe materials
- All genuine components
- Will fit adults and kids, beginners and pro
- With a colorful deck and wheels
- Wheels light up with no batteries and no charging
- Available in four wonderful designs and colors: Black Wheels Board, Triangle, Orange Block, and Sweet Pink.
- There’s no light switch
- Board is too small
The Retrospec Alameda is a complete skateboard that comes with top quality components and is made from sturdy materials. It has a large deck at 31 x 8 inches made from 7 sheets of Canadian Maple. It is designed to have the ideal amount of concaveness to give you the right kick for your tricks.
This skateboard also a 5.5-inch truck made from aluminum alloy with very durable carbon-steel kingpins. Aside from these, it has polyurethane bushings with the highest rebound designed to make the most out of your runs. When it comes to its simple yet tough wheels, you’ll find these fast and easy to roll. It has ABEC 7 chrome bearings equipped with rubber covers to prevent dust and dirt. This will keep the wheels rolling freely and fast. With this complete skateboard, you can push, kick, and coast. You can ride over different surfaces with ease and use this to commute or to do tricks as well. This is available in a variety of designs that will suit your style.
- This board is very strong and reliable at just the right size for beginners and also for professionals.
- It is made from very durable Canadian Maple and is designed with just the right shape for cruising and for tricks.
- It comes with very strong alloy trucks, carbon steel kingpins, and PU bushings to keep your skateboard tough and easy to use.
- With precise chrome bearings with a reliable dust and dirt cover for a smoother ride.
- You can use this on the road and on the skate park, and you’ll ride smoothly.
- This is available in different designs and styles.
- Board size: 31 x 8 inches, made of 7-ply Canadian Maple
- Trucks: 5.5 inches aluminum alloy, kingpins made of carbon steel
- Bushings: high-rebound 95A PU bushings
- Bearings: ABEC 7 chrome bearings; comes with dust covers
- Wheels: 52 x 32 mm PU wheels
- Available in different designs and styles
- Weight limit at 220 pounds
- Skateboard ideal for urban commuting and cruising
- Very durable skateboard decks and trucks
- Easy to clean wheels with rubber covers
- With a durable, strong grip tape to keep you safe as you ride
- With high-rebound wheels
- Comes completely assembled and ready to use
- Complaints that it’s hard to tighten the trucks
- Too thick for tricks
The Powell Golden Dragon is a complete skateboard ideal for beginners as well as advanced skateboarders. It has very durable, high-rebound polyurethane wheels that have been hand-casted that provide amazing roll and grip. You can ride on the street, make turns and move effortlessly with this complete board.
The top of the Powell Golden Dragon is extra-grippy and measures 7.6 inches wide with a length of 31.6 inches. This is enough room for a beginner rider or someone who’s just learning the ropes of riding a skateboard. The bottom of the board has a colorful sticker design. Very edgy and perfect for people who want a cool yet fun complete skateboard.
- This is an affordable and complete skateboard, ideal for beginners and advanced riders.
- With very durable, high-rebound, safe PU wheels.
- With a very rough and grippy top which will hold on to the soles of your sneakers for safety.
- Board is wide as it is long and is perfect for riding and cruising.
- Measurement: 31 x 7.6 inches, the design is Flying Dragon Red
- Concave shape: K12
- Wheelbase: 13.75 inches
- Nose: 7 inches
- Tail: 6.6 inches
- Screened bottom
- Board hardness: 99a
- PGD Super High-Rebound
- Weight: 0.32 ounces
- An affordable and complete skateboard
- Ideal for advanced users and beginners
- Very strong, high-rebound PU wheels ideal for grip and roll
- The top board is grippy and is safe to use
- Colorful, edgy yet fun bottom
- Good weight and size
- Complaints about the size
- Complaints that it’s too stiff
The Cal 7 is a complete skateboard with different striking designs. It comes in more than 20 stunning designs with the “Rosie the Riveter” and the “Valor” designs as the most popular. When it comes to the board, it is a 7.5 x 31 inches board made from 7-ply maple. This is a very durable material that’s also versatile on the road and on the skate park. The wheels are very strong and are 99A durometer PU. These wheels are ready to hit the road, whether you’re on the street or just on your driveway.
The Cal 7 promises a smooth and cool ride equipped with 3 mm riser pads and strong 95A bushings to reduce wheel bite and for easy and efficient carving. This is a complete board that’s good to go. It even has pre-applied tough grip tape so you can take off as soon as you open the box. And you get good value for your money as this comes with a one-year warranty.
- This complete skateboard has standard specs. With a strong maple deck and PU wheels.
- With very durable hardware with strong components. With aluminum trucks and ABEC 7 bearings.
- Smooth riding wheels with riser pads to avoid wheel bite.
- This complete skateboard is ready to go after you take it out of the box.
- With a generous one year warranty.
- Available in several cool and colorful designs.
- Measurement: 31 x 7.5 inches
- Deck: made from 7-ply maple wood
- Wheels: 52 x 31mm – 99A durometer PU wheels
- Trucks: 5 inches trucks made of aluminum alloy
- Bearings: ABEC 7 bearings
- Riser Pads: 3 mm
- Bushings: 95A
- With pre-applied tough grip tape
- Available in more than 20 designs
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Very strong and solid deck
- Available in many colors and designs
- Offers a smooth and safe ride
- This is ready to go out of the box
- Design reduces wheel bite
- Only one year warranty
- Complaints that the wheels and board are too stiff
The CCS Skateboard Complete is a board that’s ready to ride right after you take it out of the box. It has a basic setup but uses only the best components. The deck is made from maple wood with a classic style ideal for performing different tricks or just for cruising around. The wheels are strong but grippy; the tricks are standard trucks with raw silver color and the bearings ABEC 7 rated, smooth, and made from top-quality materials. You can choose the deck width, but the length stays at 32 inches. On top is secure and rough black grip tape. All the components in this complete skateboard are CCS brand parts.
The CCS Skateboard is a starter board and comes ready to use. It is ideal for first-timers, for people who are working on different tricks and stunts and for people getting back to skating. CCS is the brand that’s been around since 1985 and is one of the most trusted.
- With standard-sized components made from high-quality materials, all from CCS.
- The deck is very strong, made from durable maple with a standard shape.
- The deck width may be personalized, but the length remains at 32 inches.
- This is a fully-assembled skateboard; it is ready to hit the road as soon as you take it home.
- This is ideal for a starter skateboard for first-time riders and for people returning to skateboarding.
- It is made from a very reliable company that’s around since 1988.
- Deck: 32 inches long, varying width depends on your preference
- Wheels: 52mm wheels, white in color
- Trucks: 139mm standard-sized trucks with raw silver color
- Bearings: smooth, high-quality ABEC 7 bearings
- Grip tape: black
- All components are CCS
- Weighs only 5.4 pounds
- Very strong and durable deck
- All CCS components are strong and tough
- The deck is the right size for cruising and performing tricks
- Very grippy grip tape to ensure your safety
- This is a good size and design board for first-time riders
- Problems with size
- Complaints that the grip board is not good enough/not grippy enough
Best Complete Skateboard Buying Guide and FAQ
A complete skateboard seems to be easier to purchase than to DIY your own board. But not all complete boards are the same. Skateboards come in varying sizes, components, features, and designs. Some boards are for kids while some for adults; some are for first-time skaters while others are for pros. But no matter what kind of skateboard you need, take time to understand the different board components and specs before you make your purchase.
What to look for when buying a complete skateboard?
Remember the following when purchasing a complete skateboard:
The size of the skateboard
The size of the skateboard matters. If you want a complete skateboard for traveling, cruising, or downhill racing, then you are better with a longboard. A longboard is a type of skateboard that measures 33 to 59 inches in length, and widths can be from 9 to 10 inches. Longboard shapes are pintails, flat-nose, swallowtails, drop-through decks, and more.
Meanwhile, if you want to cruise without the weight, then a penny board is for you. Penny board is durable, lightweight, and easy to carry. This type of board measures 22 to 36 inches long. Smaller boards are fast, while larger boards are great for tricks.
The material used for the deck and components
The deck may be made from plastic or maple (maple with bamboo or fiberglass layers). The deck should be made from durable, flexible materials. The components are made from very durable materials as well. The trucks should be an aluminum alloy, the wheels made of hard plastic or PU. The bearings are made from steel.
The size of the wheels
The smaller your wheels, the slower it moves while larger wheels tend to move slower at first but become very fast as you go along. Skateboard wheels are measured in millimeters with 50 to 53 mm wheels slow, stable, and ideal for smaller riders, skate parks, street skating, and skating bowls. Meanwhile, 54 to 59 mm wheels are for bigger riders and are also appropriate for skate parks, bowls, vert ramps, and streets.
Skateboard trucks are from aluminum or other kinds of metal. Truck sizes vary depending on the deck width size. For example, 6 to 7.25 inches truck axle is for 6.5 to 7.25 inches skateboard deck widths.
How much is a good complete skateboard?
A cheap skateboard that comes ready to ride out of the box is around $60 to $70. A blank yet complete board is much cheaper. This is a board with a blank deck or those without any fancy graphics. But if you want a complete skateboard with good components, then you must be ready to pay around $100 to $120.
Is it cheaper to purchase a complete skateboard or a DIY your own board?
According to skateboarders, a complete skateboard is cheaper compared to a DIY board because the components that are found incomplete boards have the most basic qualities or are generic parts and components. If you were to DIY a skateboard, you might end up paying for more. Naturally, you may need better, stronger, and more efficient components such as wheels, trucks, and bearings. And when it comes to quality components, these cost more than regular, generic components. Thus, making or assembling your own skateboard is more expensive.
How long does a skateboard last?
Depending on your use, a well-made skateboard with good components may last for many months to a few years. For skateboarders that ride daily, use their boards to commute, or use these for stunts, a regular board can last only a few weeks. You may need to change components like wheels, grip tape, and bearings regularly if you use your board regularly as well.
How often should you use your skateboard?
To fully learn how to ride a skateboard, to practice tricks and stunts, you should ride your skateboard daily. But you should still have time to rest and to maintain your board. Skateboard maintenance includes cleaning the wheels and replacing the wheels or bearings, cleaning the board, and replacing the grip tape as well as tightening the trucks.
Should you buy a skateboard online or offline?
This is entirely up to you. If you’re not very particular about the kind of board you want to buy, then buying one online may suffice. But if you would want to ride one first, check the specs and check the components and overall quality of the board, then buying one offline is better for you. You may also buy skateboard parts and accessories from an online shop or a local skateboard store.
Is complete skateboard for adults or for kids?
There are complete skateboards meant for kids and teens while there are complete skateboards meant for adults. Some complete skateboards are classified according to size, activity, and level of expertise. You may also buy complete skateboards according to your specifications.
From our list of the top complete skateboards of 2020, we choose the Merkapa Complete Skateboard as the best, and we have many reasons why. First, we were won over by its dazzling design. It has a colorful deck and sparkling wheels so you can ride better and a lot more fun.
The Merkapa skateboard has a standard size. Its 22 inches long and 6 inches wide with a smooth edge. It has a safe surface waffle-style design for a better and safer grip. It has regular wheels at 60 x 45 mm at 78A PU material that will light up as soon as you ride. It has strong trucks that are 3.2 inches made from very durable aluminum and is equipped with fast ABEC 7 bearings. These are your keys to create a comfortable ride. Also, the Merkapa LED skateboard is in four fun designs.
We recommend this complete board for beginners and also for professional skaters. We also recommend the Merkapa Complete Skateboard for people who don’t have time to make their own skateboard or who can’t DIY one. And if you think that the Merkapa Complete Skateboard is the ideal complete skateboard for you, check this product out from this link.