Getting a good-quality longboard doesn’t have to be expensive. With all the different varieties available online and in the market, a good quality longboard with a reasonable price is not a hard catch. Take a look and learn more about the cheap longboards under 50 dollars available this 2021.
Reviews of the Best Cheap Longboards
NEWQIANG is offered long-lasting and high-quality longboards and skateboards at an accessible price. Honesty, accessibility, and quality are the core values they lived for. One of their best products is the NEWQIANG Longboard Skateboard.
This is best for riders who find adventure at a faster speed and comfortable cruising. The deck is made of an 8-ply Canadian maple and bamboo, two of the best skateboard materials. With its shape and size of 44 inches, it is outlined to achieve more balance and speed. It also offers good quality enduring 85a PU wheels, 7 inches trucks made from aluminum, and Abec-7 bearings for smoother glides and higher pace. The longboard can easily be maneuvered and is claimed completely assembled and ready to go.
- An anti-bite wheels
- High-speed and great speeding accuracy
- Has a good grip
- 44 inches
- Abec-7 bearings
- 7 inches truck
- Stable ride
- Smooth glide
- Good for beginners
- Trucks may need adjustments
asktom Longboard is one of the best longboards out in the market. It boasts not only of good features but of an affordable price as well. It has everything a beginner or even a pro rider needs. It is easy to ride with great specialties such as stability and maneuverability. When looking for a longboard that has all the best parts and is long-lasting, asktom Longboard Skateboard is the answer.
It a has a length of 31 inches. It is made of sturdy 7 layer maple deck, laminated, and designed for perfection. The wheel is 70×51 MM and paired with the ABEC 7 bearings, which offer a stable ride even at a faster speed. The asktom longboard designs are best for beginners and pro alike. The 7″ 180 trucks made of aluminum, submits to greater speed and better balance. It comes with strong, colorful, and powerful designs to choose from. It is a high-performing board that fits all the best features sold at an affordable price.
- asktom Longboard
- Free rider Deck
- Colorful and artistic designs
- 31 Inches
- Sturdy 7 layer maple deck
- 70×51 MM wheel
- ABEC 7 bearings
- Good for fast speeding
- Wheels can get stained
Lovelydecor Longboard is an excellent choice when looking for a complete set of a longboard with good quality at a very affordable cost. It offers different good features that work well with a beginner. With its classic color and natural design, it is a perfect choice for male or female riders.
Even at a low price, it has a lot to offer. Starting with its deck made of 7-ply maple wood. Aluminum maple is one of the best choices for deck materials. It also offers a couple of different sizes, 40 inches x 9 inches and 44 inches x 10 inches. The wheel is 70×51 mm paired with ABEC 9 bearings, which offer smoother rides. The 7 inches Hanger trucks made of aluminum are proven durable. It is also easy to maneuver and gives a smooth and easy ride due to a flexible deck and good quality hardware. It has a sleek and timeless design to choose from.
- Both suitable for men and women
- Classic color design
- Best for every type of riders
- Aluminum, Maple 70mm PU Wheels
- 7 inches Trucks
- ABEC 9 Bearings
- Easy maneuverability
- Durable and light
- The wheels may peel off
Sumeber is known for creating good quality longboards trusted by many riders. One of their best products is the Sumeber 31 inch Longboard . Sumeber Longboard is one of the best longboards for beginners due to its pintail deck design and beginner-friendly features.
First, its deck is made of laminated Canadian maple. Maple wood ensures a good quality deck product. The wheel is 78A urethane, which is of the best quality and paired with ABEC 9 bearings, which offers a great ride when cruising or carving. The deck designs also have colorful and eye-catching designs that add character to the longboard. Balancing, good maneuverability, and stability will never be a problem with this longboard.
- Pintail deck shape
- Colorful and cool graphics
- Maple Laminated Deck
- 65mm / 78A Urethane Wheels
- 8.5-inch aluminum trucks
- ABEC 9 bearings
- Best for beginners
- Easy maneuverability
- Not suitable for faster speed
Qihan Longboard includes a comfortable deck made of many layers of bamboo and Canadian maple wood. A combination of these is one of the most sought after by many riders. The wheel is 0 mm x 50 mm urethane that works well with heavyweight and pairs with Abec 9 Hellion 2 bearings, which offer basic speed and a great ride. The 7 inches truck made of aluminum has a reputable drop-through design that lets the deck stay closer to the ground. This would mean great stability even at a faster speed. This also works well when cruising and taking sharp turns. It’s very reliable and long-lasting: perfect for your great buy.
- Cool design
- Best for faster speed
- Drop-through trucks
- 31″X8″ inches
- 7 Layer Canadian Maple Skateboard Deck
- 7 inches aluminum trucks
- ABEC-11 Bearings
- Provide good stability
- Great for speed or downhill
- Loud truck
Buying your longboard cheap? Check out this guide
It might be confusing as to what to buy with all the choices and good designs the longboard industry has to offer. But to get the best that suits you well, you need to take a close look at these things.
Shapes play a very important role in the longboard. Longboards usually come in two basic shapes; the directional and the symmetrical.
Directional longboards work very well with downhill riding because it is intended to move in one direction while symmetrical longboards move in both ways and are best for freediving or doing tricks.
The style of the deck will determine the stability and balance of the longboard. There are different styles to choose from, and each has different uses and features.
Top mount is the most affordable and most basic design available. The deck is positioned right on the tip of the aluminum trucks, thus having the name top mount. This deck style is good for cruising and downhill. This deck is similar to the ones on a Minority downhill maple longboard.
Drop through longboards offers a great push because of its style. These longboards usually have lower elevations because of the truck being positioned right into the board. This one is for downhill and longer rides.
Drop deck has its end sides slightly elevated, thus causing a lower center for easy and stable riding. Works well with downhill and freeriding.
The double drop deck is not as traditional as the others and has a unique deck that almost touches the ground. This longboard doesn’t come cheap and is good for downhill.
Longer longboards offer more stability, while shorter longboards are suitable for soft and sift turns. The length of the board is responsible for the stability and coordination of the board.
This includes everything that is used for the board; the material, the glue for lamination, and even the length. Stiff flexy is good for fast speeding and freeriding, medium flex is excellent for average cruising and freeriding, while soft flex is best for fun and unwinding cruising.
What is a good price for a longboard?
Longboards are heavy-duty skateboards as these are commonly used for longboard skating, cruising, freestyle riding, and street transportation. You need to use a durable longboard to be able to cope with these activities. And because of these, it’s worth splurging a little to get the best board.
A good price for a good quality longboard is from $150 to $400. This is a complete skateboard so you don’t need to buy the trucks, wheels, bearings, and hardware individually. A complete longboard also comes with a grip tape.
If you’re still starting with downhill longboarding, you would probably get a good beginner board from $60 to $250. But the price still depends on where you purchase the board as top skateboard brands sell longboards anywhere from $100 to $400.
Check out quality boards like the Quest Super Cruiser, Atom Drop Deck Longboard/Atom Longboard, Minority Downhill Longboard, Volador Freeride Longboard, and many more freeride longboard decks online like the Ten Toes Board Emporium or from a local skateboard shop.
How much is a cheap longboard?
A cheap longboard costs anywhere from $50 to $70. This is a complete cheap longboard set which means you can immediately use the board as soon as you take it out of the box. Cheap longboards may seem like a good deal but we recommend checking out moderately-priced boards as not all cheap ones are built with the best quality.
But if you’re set to buy an affordable longboard as your first time board, remember the following:
- Check the cheap longboard deck. You may not find a multi-layer maple deck with a cheap board but make sure that the deck is in good form, has no dents, no scrapes, and must be balanced when you stand on it. The grip tape must be of good quality, intact, with no moving spots.
- Inspect the cheap longboards trucks. The longboard trucks should be polished, well-designed, versatile, and fit for downhill longboarding. Consider reverse kingpin aluminum trucks for a greater longboarding experience.
- Take a closer look at the wheels. Reliable longboard wheels should get you through rough roads so a softer wheel with 75A is ideal. You need soft wheels so you’ll have better control and a smooth ride. Harder wheels like 85A will make you slide better but won’t be able to give you full control of the board. We recommend something in between 78 and 82A polyurethane wheels for balance.
- Check the longboard bearings. You’ll likely get regular bearings for a cheap longboard but you can always tweak these into affordable Yellow Jacket Longboard Bearings or slightly cheaper Bones Reds Skateboard Bearings to ride smoothly. Other boards may have poor quality bearings so watch out.
Is it cheaper to build your own longboard?
So you would rather build your own longboard rather than purchase a complete one? If you want to save money then you might as well go for a complete set because building one will only be more expensive, will be time-consuming, and will take a lot of effort. Consider you need to wear protective gear so the cost of these should also be added.
But, if you still want to build your board, you must insist on the best components like trucks, wheels, deck, and grip tape. Use the list we have above to find the best ones in the market.
Should I get a longboard as a beginner?
A longboard skateboard is good for a beginner skater but only for cruising, city riding, and to ride smoothly. If you’re considering tricks, stunts, and skating bowls, you may use a shortboard that has a symmetrical edge and durable hardware and wheels.
For a beginner longboard user, you should consider drop-through boards. This is a board that you can use as you grow your longboarding skills. This board has a long wheel base and well-designed truck mounts so you’re lower or closer to the ground.
You’ll be able to flex better and move better especially when you’re cruising on the streets and when turning. You should use a board made from high-quality materials like fiberglass and bamboo as these are more durable and forgiving compared to a Canadian maple deck. With this deck, you’ll be able to keep going even in long distances. One such board, you can use for beginner longboarding is the Loaded Boards Icarus Bamboo longboard.
What shape of longboard skateboard is best for beginner?
A beginner will do well in a drop-through longboard skateboard because of its awesome design. The truck mounts and the wheelbase allows the rider to be closer to the ground. You’ll be more stable whether you’re cruising or riding along streets.
Because a drop-through longboard can flex, it can endure long distances and even moving along tight corners. A beginner won’t have to pump harder to work a drop-through as it has a lower center of gravity. And when you’re moving at full speeds, you can always place both your feet comfortably on a drop-through longboard and expect a smooth ride because of its wider deck width.
What is a good longboard deck?
A good longboard deck will depend on what you want to do with it.
- Double Kick Popsicle – this longboard is for people who know how to use a traditional skateboard. It’s for performing ollies and all kinds of tricks. It has a larger and wider platform for a traditional maple deck feel.
- Cambered Pintail – this longboard is great for carving as well as relaxed riding. It has a classic shape and style that also matches some traditional skateboard shapes and is great for heavy riders.
- Pintail with Kicktail – this longboard is the best for aggressive freestyling tricks and moves. It is also the best choice for dancing.
- Double Kick Cutaway – this longboard comes with an upturned nose and kicktail so you can perform all kinds of freestyle moves and tricks. The cutaway style reduces the possibility of wheel bites. It is also the ideal board for intermediate and advanced skateboarders.
- Drop-Through Double Kick Cutaway – this longboard shape is ideal for beginner riders. It has a lowered platform so these are easier to kick and to make sharp turns. This cutaway style can prevent wheel bite.
- Drop-Through Symmetrical Cutaway – this longboard style is designed to push harder and freeride higher. This is because of the board’s extra-low platform due to its dropped deck and truck mount.
- Drop-Through Directional Cutaway – the drop-through directional cutaway longboard is similar to the drop-through symmetrical. The front and the back foot can adjust to the flex pattern of the skateboard and thus, you can cruise better and move better at top speeds.
- Double Drop Drop-Through Symmetrical Cutaway – this longboard design is also great for freeriding and for pushing. The very low platform with a dropped deck helps riders move faster and push farther.
What longboard deck is best for tricks? For a smooth ride?
Longboards are ideal for cruising and riding faster however, some longboards are great for tricks. Take the Landyachtz ATV hybrid longboard, an awesome street and park skateboard that’s perfect for performing different tricks and moves. This longboard deck is best for tricks because of the following features:
- This is a hybrid skateboard which means it’s a mix of a longboard and a street skateboard.
- It is an oversized board because it is reinforced with double kicks but single kicks are also available.
- This longboard comes with 155mm Bear brand trucks which are the best choice for pumping and carving.
- The wheels are large so you can move faster and in longer distances. With a good center of gravity
- The Landyachtz ATV is available in different shapes: Presidente, Laguito, and the Perfecto. The Laguito is quite similar to a regular skateboard which is why it’s best for tricks and street skating.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are longboards made of?
Longboards are made of different materials. The most common and durable ones are maple wood, excellent bamboo materials, and even carbon fiber. The top has good quality grip tape while the trucks are aluminum alloy. Check out the Quest Super Cruiser longboard.
What size should I get?
The size depends on your preference. Longer ones are more suitable, especially for beginners and when learning tricks, while the shorter ones are best when learning turns and riding on a busy street.
What can make the longboard go faster?
The quality and size of the wheels will determine the speed of the longboard. Choose a longboard wheel that is bigger if you want a very fast and efficient speed. If not, you can use smaller wheels for easy riding and relaxation.
Is riding a longboard easy?
Yes, it is. Longboards don’t speed up easily, so you have the time to balance and control your speed. Also, longboards are specifically made to give an exciting and fun riding experience.
How often should I tighten my trucks?
It is recommendable to always tighten them. Riding your longboards very often causes the trucks to loosen up. Make sure to tighten them to ensure smoother and more stable rides.
Should I have loose or tight trucks?
Tighter trucks might make it difficult to turn your longboard around, so it is better to have loose trucks, though it is also best if it’s not too loose or it will eventually come off.
Longboard Riding Styles
One of the coolest rides for experienced riders is the downhill. This means sliding down a hill with fast speed. Having a great balance and mastering the art of control is the best trick used to do this well. However, this is not recommendable for beginners.
Freeriding and Freestyling
For pro riders, this is the best style. It involves doing techniques and tricks, as well as dancing and flipping. This might take time to learn this style.
This style lets you practice and have good maneuverability. It will teach you how to control and take turns left and right.
This is the most relaxing ride. It is longboarding in a slow and unhurried manner while basking under the warm sun and feeling the cool air.
Our Top Pick
Our top pick is the Retrospec Zed Bamboo Longboard. With all its highlighted key features and amazing specifications, no rider could ever be wrong in choosing this longboard. It gives the basic features and offers more for a stable and smooth ride. It also comes from a reputable company that has accumulated a lot of experience in longboard history. This is your perfect choice for the cheaper, but excellent quality longboard.